Yesterday was comical. I woke up at 4:20 am – 10 minutes before the alarm went off. I waited in bed for it to beep before I dragged myself into the study to begin practice. I was just about done my Surya B’s when my inner monologue began to take the following course:

  • Wow it’s Thursday already
  • Hang on a second, didn’t I have Thursday down in my calendar as Moonday?
  • Yep.
  • So what am I doing up at 4:20 am practicing asanas?

So with that, I rolled up my mat, went upstairs and back to bed – it must have been moon brain…and it didn’t end there; as I turned out of my driveway I heard a metallic clunk’. I looked into my rear view mirror and saw my metal cup lying sideways in the road, lid off, and the contents (a piping cup of Rooibos including teabag) scattered across the road.

It would continue to be a crap day – I felt glum for reasons I couldn’t completely place. On the way home, I got stuck in nasty nasty traffic caused by people slowing down to take a peak at the Air France jet that had crashed earlier this week. Come on people, let’s keep this moving…am I the only one here who wants to get home?

By the time I got home (late), the headache I had all day was throbbing badly. My wife, who’d taken the day off to spend time with her visiting Mum asked me if she should heat up some dinner. I shook my head, took two Tylenol Extra Strength and excused myself to bed…at 8:00 pm.

So of course I woke up at 3:00 am this morning. I felt good – the headache was gone – and had an excellent practice with plenty of heat. The rest of the day has been just as good so far.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: